Loomis Laboratory of Physics
1110 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801-3080
I am a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with Prof Aleksei Aksimentiev. I am a computational biophysicist by training and obtained my Ph.D. from the Physics Department of IISc Bangalore in 2017. My research interest involves the multiscale modeling of exotic nano-bio materials using novel computer simulation techniques. I implement the basic concept of statistical mechanics and computational chemistry to understand the phenomenon of technological interest at the nanoscale. The overall goal of my research is to broaden the usage of nanomaterials in modern science and technology.
As Feynman once said, "If we could look at the thing, we can answer many of the questions of biology", I use a computational microscope to look at the molecular level structure of the biomolecules. The question I always ask in my research is that what can we learn about the molecular self-assembly and interactions of these biomolecules inside a tiny molecular machine i.e. a biological cell? Can we mimic the in-vivo behavior of these biological components outside a biological cell? I believe that if we can mimic the functionality of the biological cell, this will have a similar impact on human civilization as did by the invention of transistors in the previous century.
Please refer to my curriculum vitae for detailed information about my education, skills, and research interest.
- Dynamic Interactions between Lipid-Tethered DNA and Phospholipid Membranes." Langmuir 34:15084-15092 (2018). "
- Effect of temperature and hydrophilic ratio on the structure of poly(N-vinylcaprolactam)-block-poly(dimethylsiloxane)-block-poly(N-vinylcaprolactam) polymersomes." ACS Applied Polymer Materials 1:722-736 (2019). "
- Controlling aggregation of cholesterol-modified DNA nanostructures." Nucleic Acid Research 47:11441-11451 (2019). "
- Artificial Water Channels Enable Fast and Selective Water Permeation Through Water-wire Networks." Nature Nanotechnology. 15,:73-79 (2020). "
- Tailoring interleaflet lipid transfer with a DNA-based synthetic enzyme." Nano Letters 20:4306-4311 (2020). "
- Polyhydrazide-based organic nanotubes as extremely efficient and highly selective artificial iodide channels." Angewandte Chemie International Edition 12:4806-4813 (2020). "
- Rosette Nanotube Porins as Ion Selective Transporters and Single-Molecule Sensors." Journal of the American Chemical Society 142:1680-1685 (2020). "
- High-Fidelity Capture, Threading, and Infinite-Depth Sequencing of Single DNA Molecules with a Double-Nanopore System." ACS Nano 14:15566-15576 (2020). "
- Chiral Systems Made from DNA." Advanced Science 8:2003113 (2021). "
- Hydrophobic Interactions between DNA Duplexes and Synthetic and Biological Membranes." J Am Chem Soc (2021). "
- Foldamer-Based Ultrapermeable and Highly Selective Artificial Water Channels that Exclude Protons." Nature nanotechnology (2021). "
- Cations Regulate Membrane Attachment and Functionality of DNA Nanostructures." Journal of the American Chemical Society (2021). "
- Determining the In-Plane Orientation and Binding Mode of Single Fluorescent Dyes in DNA Origami Structures." ACS Nano 15:5109-5117 (2021). "